This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ROG PHONE 5 Ultimate default camera app is blurry but Google Lens image is ok, how to fix this?

carzed_27
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS673KS
Firmware Version: I don't know
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Try to use gcam and see if it's still blur

View solution in original post

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @carzed_27,
Please clear the storage of the camera if you haven't done that already and check again.
I suggest you to also perform an SMMI test
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Wide-angled Camera Capture Test/Tele Camera Capture Test/Front Camera Capture Test
If any of the SMMI tests fails, indicating high possibility of faulty hardware, kindly bring your device to your nearest Local ASUS Service Center for checking your device: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Try to use gcam and see if it's still blur

carzed_27
Star I
I wasn't able to install gcam but tried third party camera app in play store and it works. Guess I'll have to wait till the default camera bug gets fixed. The third party camera works just fine. Thanks for the idea.👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @carzed_27,
Please clear the storage of the camera if you haven't done that already and check again.
I suggest you to also perform an SMMI test
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Wide-angled Camera Capture Test/Tele Camera Capture Test/Front Camera Capture Test
If any of the SMMI tests fails, indicating high possibility of faulty hardware, kindly bring your device to your nearest Local ASUS Service Center for checking your device: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi again @carzed_27,
The reason why your cameras is blurry is due to your camera only showing ultra wide camera and this camera has a fixed focus, it should also show the secondary camera icon. Try holding the camera icon and press reset, this will not delete your pictures.
Let me know if your issue persist!