himverma2012
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG-3
Firmware Version:18.0410.2108.158
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): camera
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So, I got to test RoG-3 camera after almost 1 year since I bought it, when I went outstation. The picture quality was exceptionally good. I tried to capture sunrise on timelapse but I didn't know that video length was restricted at 15s. I tried finding the settings but couldn't. So, time lapse wasnt very good. But now, today, I found timelapse settings on the lower left of the camera. I wish I knew it before 😓
8 REPLIES 8

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Agreed, the camera software is one of the best you can find on any phone. No crappy post processing adding some trash sharpening or similair, it's very much focused on quality only.

ajinkya017
Rising Star II
I came to know this pretty late. The pictures come out really good and as is. When you compare it with the other manufacturers you come to know how much extra needless processing is being done. I don't do much low light, but with good lighting the pictures are really great. Low light pictures cannot be viewed properly even in the view finder because of you know what.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ajinkya017

I came to know this pretty late. The pictures come out really good and as is. When you compare it with the other manufacturers you come to know how much extra needless processing is being done. I don't do much low light, but with good lighting the pictures are really great. Low light pictures cannot be viewed properly even in the view finder because of you know what.

View post
Try ASUS's nightmode, I have no idea how they did it but it easily beats all the phones I have tested it against. When it comes to low light the Rog3 literally beat the S21 on its massive main lens.

himverma2012
Rising Star II
ajinkya017

View post
For low lights, I prefer manual mode.
Slow-mo videos have 1 post-processing issue i.e. when video reaches the tag where slo-mo starts, you can see a slight lag or frame drop.
Time lapse turned out to be good too, but it doesn't apply auto focus on time lapse and if you change focus manually, the contrast and lightening of the video shifts a little which can be viewed while playing the video.
But yeah, overall, if I compare the both picture and video quality, they were far much better than other manufacturers which my friend had. The light which RoG-3 captures within short span gives much clarity to the photos which other phones struggled.