ZT_11u3rd673a
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2107.151
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: first time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Fingerprint sensor
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So my ROG5 got a problem just now, the phone just suddenly couldn't detect my sim card, after a restart it appear to be normal again but fingerprint sensor is missing.

and the moment i launch SMMI_TEST (test hardware), it skip the fingerprint sensor instead and start on 3rd test (wifi test).

update:
after a factory reset, during phone setup on fingerprint page.

It just show the following message:
Enrollment was not completed
Fingerprint enrollment didn't work. Try again or use a different finger.

it seems like the sensor component is busted.
7 REPLIES 7

CIG
Rising Star I
it was like that for me, look at you and the triggers do not work, go to the service, you need to change the motherboard

ZT_11u3rd673a
Star II
CIG

it was like that for me, look at you and the triggers do not work, go to the service, you need to change the motherboard

View post
will i guess i need to go service center tomorrow, this will probably be my first and last purchase.
quality control is bad.

anirudh2885
Star I
@ZT_11u3rd673a are you from Hyderabad ? Even I have faced the same issue. Didn't expect this to happen on such a mobile. Could you tell me if you have a Asus Service center or a 3rd party service center ??

ZT_11u3rd673a
Star II
anirudh2885

@ZT_11u3rd673a are you from Hyderabad ? Even I have faced the same issue. Didn't expect this to happen on such a mobile. Could you tell me if you have a Asus Service center or a 3rd party service center ??

View post
no, i'm from malaysia and this is my first rog phone😑

i actually had a good experience with asus phone few years ago (around 2015/6) zen phone series.
But rog5 launch is like disaster, all the post i saw in my local group was about sim card problem or unable to boot.
Some user also claim the issue they faced are so bad that they going back and forth to the service center with slow service process ( probably impacted by covid ? ).

Also the snapdragon 888 made by samsung😑 was meh.

I already passed my phone to my local service center they told me would take about 2-3week to fix.
will update once i got my phone back.