Another dead Zenfone 6

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus 6z
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Was watching youtube when phone goes blank. Any combination of power/volume keys did not turn on the phone. Charging the phone and no red indicator light. Connected to a PC and device was identified as "QUSB_BULK_CID" followed by a serial number. There is an XDA thread on flashing firmware in EDL mode and I tried that. But it did not help me. Looks like an hardware issue.

Last year, I had a problem with camera and solution was to replace motherboard under warranty. Now this.. hesitant to visit service center again, no point in wasting time in such **** hardware..

Comments

• Hi, please check your inbox for the private message I've sent you, since the further information that we need involves your personal information. Thank you.

• An update:

After sharing my details, someone from Asus got in touch with me. Instead of speculating, they asked me to give the device to a service center. I was skeptical, with all the complaints about dead zenfone 6.

Anyways, I did give the device to nearest service center and as expected, the solution is to replace the motherboard. It would cost as much as when I bought the device new. There is no way I would repair this device by spending money! This is the second time asking for motherboard replacement (within a year). So much for the quality for Asus phones and their service center experience.