24po5wr
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:zs661kl
Firmware Version:latest .158
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
screenshot-20210920-073841846.jpg
During normal day to day usage screen become whitish.At Screen Thin white layer flickering . Pathetic experience
Is that software issue ?or my Rog phone 3 display about to die?? Need argent soln . Cell phone still in warranty.
4 REPLIES 4

Pervage
Rising Star II
@24po5wr The screen flickering is having every time or any while watching videos?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@24po5wr If you can, please record your display with a secondary device to make it eaiser for us to understand what you're describing.
Does it also happen if you switch the refresh rate from Auto -> 60/90/120/144 Hz?
Only in certain apps or also on the home screen? Only when watching video?
Every little detail helps.

leviroth0
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@24po5wr If you can, please record your display with a secondary device to make it eaiser for us to understand what you're describing.

Does it also happen if you switch the refresh rate from Auto -> 60/90/120/144 Hz?

Only in certain apps or also on the home screen? Only when watching video?

Every little detail helps.

View post
Have mine on 120hz consistently and it still flickers, doesn't seem to happen on the homescreen just in apps. Really bad sometimes on Chrome and YouTube, sometimes it doesn't happen at all. It's such a odd bug, seems to completely random when it does happen.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
leviroth0

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186819#Comment_186819

Have mine on 120hz consistently and it still flickers, doesn't seem to happen on the homescreen just in apps. Really bad sometimes on Chrome and YouTube, sometimes it doesn't happen at all. It's such a odd bug, seems to completely random when it does happen.

View post
The OP didn't specially say video, but if it happens when watching video, then visit this to see if it works for you:
Gabe

Using ROG Phone 2 8gb/128 (ASUS_I001DD)

Firmware 17.0240.2105.90 (non rooted, all original)

Chrome 91.0.4472.120

Always happens when there's a small video window running while scrolling through a website (normally those video ads).

The entire screen flickers a little depending on the colors shown on the website and on the video, like if the device seem to be trying to auto calibrate the screen to the right setting but just can't and keep trying, changing between different screen contrast and maybe other auto settings.

It's not a new problem. Plagues my device since I bought it (last year), but the latest update said this would be fixed while using 120hz and so far it's not.

The "Splendid" video calibration is set to "cinematic". I can't say for sure, but seems to be linked to this splendid thing.

Thanks in advance and I hope Asus can take a look into it.

Screen flicker still occurs while using Chrome
Turn off "Android SurfaceControl".
Go to chrome://flags and disable it.