Zenbook UX325EA weird thottle coming back to and from AC mode

2»

Comments

• oh so he was just trying to catch my s/n? how nice....

• Hello Gabrio,

We have tested the same model, but did not find the same issue.

Have you tried to reset the device and share the result with us?

Thank you.

• hi Blake, thanks for that

Few questions:

Did the machine you tested have "Modern Standby" turned on? that's the default setting which i don't like

Do you have all power modes available? I do and only if the answer is YES we can do a fair comparison and then i can decide whether or not doing a full reset. so do you have these?:

or you only have Asus Recommended? this notebook by default has Modern Standby enabled, which i don't really like for a variety of reasons so i disabled it.

This is the flag you need to run:

reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0

You can just run regedit as admin and delete PlatformAoAcOverride under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power again to revert back. Or just as admin in cmd.exe:

reg delete  "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power" /v PlatformAoAcOverride

many thanks,

Gabrio

• Hello Gabrio,

We tested on clean OS, all default setting. Did not change a thing.

Since you have adjust quite a lot of things, let's go back to the beginning and try it one by one.

Please kindly reset the device.

Thank you.

• sorry cannot do it right now thats my work computer, i have a suspect that it's the problem.

i want to have these power modes, can you do the other way around and try the mod and see if it behaves the same way ?

if you have a test device is easier you do that rather than me doing the reset on the machine, then you can revert back with the other command provided.

is that possible?

thank you

• Hello Gabrio,

Since you have done quite some adjusting on the system since you own it, it is very hard to reproduce the same scenario and find out the correct root cause.

So please reset your device, and let's go through your setting one by one and see if we have the same result.

Thank you.

• gabrio81gabrio81 Level 2
    edited October 9

thanks Blake but that's not gonna happen, a side for this thing the machine is perfect and runs like clockwork.

If we do it, so the other way around is much simpler, so if you do that on your test machine, rather than me re-doing the whole machine which will take me days, with adjustments and stuff.

otherwise if not possible from your end, peace and will keep on doing cycles of hibernation ;-)

best

Gabrio

This discussion has been closed.