cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Phone 5 Wifi and Hotspot Issue

Apacheboi
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 5 (8 GB RAM, 128 GB ROM)
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2107.151
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Wi-Fi and Hotspot
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After my experience with the previous major update (the fingerprint and sim issue) i was cautious with updating the phone so i waited on the official update and i downloaded the .151 update a bit late, now after a few weeks the Wi-Fi and Hotspot have stopped working, i checked all official forums and all the basic troubleshooting has been useless by other users. Some users contacted service center and replaced the motherboard as recommended by them but i have read that even some replaced motherboards are facing the same issue again. Asus is not responding to this officially i dont know why. I just want to know from official sources whether it is a software issue and i should wait for a patch or whether it is a hardware issue and i should get my phone or motherboard replaced. All i want is a clear answer, i hope the mods here look at this post and provide an answer to the community. I contacted Asus India on Twitter, they asked for a log file but so far they havent responded with a solution and now that some users are mentioning that their phone is dying after the wifi issue surfaced i am a little concerned.
4 REPLIES 4

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Replace your motherboard that's the only solution for now

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Apacheboi,
If you haven't shared the logs with to the Twitter team, you can share the same with me. I will take the logs and share them with the concerned team. Currently, the process is to share logs, and once the team confirms you have to visit the service center for the solution. Apology for the experience.

I don't want change motherboard its new phone and before update my wifi and hotspot working fine

Apacheboi
Star I
ARP_ASUS

Hi Apacheboi,

If you haven't shared the logs with to the Twitter team, you can share the same with me. I will take the logs and share them with the concerned team. Currently, the process is to share logs, and once the team confirms you have to visit the service center for the solution. Apology for the experience.

View post
I shared the logs with them a long time ago and i got no response after that. I visited the service center and submitted my phone to get the motherboard replaced because the Asus team called me to confirm thats the only solution. And now the service center tells me it will take till 17th October for the repair because they ran out of motherboards and there is a delay from Asus' end. Keep in mind i deposited my phone on 17th September. So basically out of 12 months of warranty my phone is not even with me and its with the service center for 1 month. This is the service Asus gives for a 6 months old "Flagship" gaming phone? On top of that i cant find any way to purchase extended warranty for this device on any website or app, which by the way should be offered by Asus for free after the horrible software updates and service center experience to all ROG 5 users because i already know they will have atleast 2 more big problems coming up in the next 6 months given the current experience. And every representative on every platform for Asus does nothing but reply with a copy-paste response shifting the blame and not offering a solution. Purchasing Asus ROG 5 has been the biggest and most expensive mistake of my life. Even chinese companies like Oneplus and Xiaomi are giving spare parts for their 6 year old phones till date but Asus cant afford to ship the fricking motherboard of their 6 months old flagships.