18.0610.2106.156 GPS slow and inaccurate?

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZS630KL
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0610.2106.156
  3. Rooted or not: Nope
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always when using GPS
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A

========================================

A while back I send my phone in for repair and the motherboard was replaced. Since I had a decent replacement phone for a while I didn't bother to switch back immediately after the repair.

Last month I was on holiday/vacation where I traveled over 6500 km by car. I noticed the GPS was very slow to connect/fix, drop regularly and once connected the speedometer jumped up and down. I had to resort back to my backup phone for stable navigation. I noticed the accuracy is quite low and erratic (jumping between 10 and 30 or even 50 meters) and it doesn't seem to connect to a whole lot of satellites 10/12ish while my backup phone does 20-22+ under the same conditions.

It's this perhaps a known issue with the software or is it more likely a hardware issue? I previously used GPS (before the repair) without any issue.

Tagged:

Comments

• Same firmware version, and I noticed the same using Google maps, which is saying that accuracy is low and calibration procedure shall be performed. However, calibration is not succeeding.