This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Bugs Introduced with the latest update!

ketoweb
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.08402107.151
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Not related to any app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Ever since I updated my phone to the latest firmware, I've been facing so many problems. I've already tried factory reset and stuff.
Problems that I am facing:
Phone doesn't vibrate when receiving calls (Vibrator motor works fine)
The proximity sensor is also broken, I found a fix for this by calibrating using an app from Play Store. For now this is fixed
The phone would randomly shutdown when opening armoury crate
Wi-Fi calling broken (got my sim also replaced, Wi-fi calling works fine on other phones)
I'd also like to add that I did the calculator test, both the proximity sensor and vibration tests are failing. The proximity test passes if I calibrate the sensor.
P.S. I am not sure this issue would be fixed If I visit a service center. This can only be fixed from Asus's end by pushing a firmware update.
Any suggestions, what should I do?
1 REPLY 1

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi ketoweb,
If the SMMI test fails. Mostly it is something to do with hardware. In very rare cases Software push might help or Factory reset. It would be better to visit a service center.