chayanraychayanray Level 1
edited November 2021 in ROG Phone 5

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Firmware version : 18.0840.2107.151

After the resent update the proximity sensor sometimes stops working, after phone restart the proximity sensor starts working fine.

Has anybody else faced the same issue?

Comments

• Hi chayanray 

While other users can confirm and reply.

Once your proximity sensor stops working, run SMMI test and check if there is anything to do with the hardware.

How to Enter SMMI_TEST (test hardware)

Go to Calculator=>type " .12345+= "

you will be entered to SMMI_TEST

Try Factory reset once to clear any bug

• Factory Reset already done twice, but the problem persists

• ahmbasionyahmbasiony Level 1
    edited September 2021

Same problem Rog 3

• ronald1985ronald1985 127.0.0.1 Level 5

Did you do SMMI test as mentioned by Arp_Asus? What is the result?

• chayanraychayanray Level 1
    edited September 2021

I donot know what happened, for the past two days the problem has not recurred. In the SMMI test it is showing proximity sensor is functioning alright

• Please help me proximity sensor not working August sequrity pacht updated please problem solution please

• Proximity sensor not working calling time call answer automatically display light off and power botten not working whatsapp app chat ringtone play time display light and also problem Facebook app video play time display light of please problem solving

• After this update the proximity sensor is again malfunctioning

• Please help me proximity sensor not working new update 176 please satout the problem fasha many problems please help

• Hi,

I just wanted to report that I am also affected by the issue with the proximity sensors. It notoriously breaks since the 13th of September. It did work before that time without any issues and the recent upgrade(18.0840.2109.176) did not fix the issue.

The reboot does help to fix the issue temporarily. It also makes me think why we don't have an option in settings to automatically reboot the device on a schedule (to clear up the RAM from used/unused/malicious/legit operations/bugs, reboot the sensors, etc)

Thanks

• I have same problem so you solve this problem

This discussion has been closed.