Issues with the Zenfone 8
So I've had this phone for about 2 months now , there are a lot of software issues that really detract from the overall experience.
- Pocket proximity - I know that there were an update that was supposed to improve the pocket detection , but for me the phone consistently keeps turning on in my pocket. this causes it to lock down after multiple failed fingerprint scanner attempts (inside of my pocket), which is ANNOYING AS HELL.
- Lockdown slowness - whenever the phone "locks down" (due to too many attempts at unlocking it unsuccessfully) , the phone slows down to a crawl.. when I'm trying to input my password it seems like there's a 2 second delay from the moment I touch the screen to the phone actually registering the touch. it seems to only happen when the phone has been attempted to get unlocked too many times.
- Random microphone failures - sometimes when having phone calls my microphone seems to stop working and the other side can't hear me, the only way to fix this is to restart the phone.
- (Hardware) overheating issues - this phone is overheating like hell.
- Slow camera - the camera is slow as hell at taking and processing photos , it seems it takes the phone 3-4 seconds to process the photo after taking it.
- Aggressive RAM management - I have the 16gb variant , and even with all of this RAM the phone keeps killing apps.
Overall I like the phone, but the software could be better and that's 50% of the experience.. I hope this gets fixed.