What We Want In the Next Update (Feel Free to Add More if I Miss Anything)
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: Rog 5 256GB
- Firmware Version: .86 Latest
- Rooted or not: Never
- Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
After looking at many threads, it's blindingly obvious that the Rog 5 is still facing issue after issue. Every update seems to cause more issues than it fixes & it's very frustrating. This isn't a cheap device, it's a Flagship (Well it was until Asus Randomly released the 5S variant which in my opinion was super unnecessary). Considering the price of this device, software support/after care should be PARAMOUNT for ANY phone company. Anyway, the forthcoming list is what I & I'm sure many others want FIXED in the next update.
1. Speakers. When the Rog 5 was first released the speakers were Excellent. Easily the best in the world. But somewhere along the line they were ruined with a update. Asus did 3 updates to fix the speakers, all of which failed to give the speakers their original quality. Asus, I'm speaking for ALL Rog 5 users when I say this: Can you PLEASE revert the speaker quality back to how it was when you first released the Rog 5.
2. Battey Drain. Android system seems to be eating up the battery life along with Kernel Android OS & Media Storage. This isn't affecting all users but it's affecting a significant amount including myself. Please fix this. The Rog 5 has a 6000MAH battey, it should be performing much better than it is.
3. Refresh Rate. Many users have asked for a 90HZ option. It seems that battery drains super quick on 120HZ & 144HZ. The phone gets hot like crazy on the higher refresh rates too. I've compared it to my Rog 3 & the Rog 3 handles the refresh rates much BETTER. 90HZ would be fantastic! If you can't do 90HZ atleast fix the temperature 🌡️ Higher temperature = more battery drain obviously.
4. Temperature. This is a HOT phone. Even simple tasks like web browsing turn it into a handheld oven. If it means you have to lower the CPU speed, just do it. Make some changes to the battery modes which lower the CPU speed to decrease the temperature. If the user wants the CPU speed higher at the cost of temperature, make that option too in battey mode 🔋.
5. WiFi, Hotspot, SIM Tray & Calls not working after .86 update. This issue isn't affecting me but it's affecting others. I'm sure you're looking into this.
If there's anything I've missed, feel free to add at your convenience. If there's any fixes for the above mentioned bugs, please do share them too.