This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black level problems in 60 and 120 Hertz

b0ttl3m4n
Rising Star I
Changing the brightness causes black to not appear as proper black, on 60 and 120 Hertz. 90 Hertz has no issues, I have seen this complaint before, not sure if it's an panel or software issue, but it should be checked as it makes anything but 90 Hertz a pain to use! 60 Hertz with DC dimming also works.
12 REPLIES 12

b0ttl3m4n
Rising Star I
There's another issue with horrible colour rendering in very low brightness, very noticeable in dark mode WhatsApp. That is definitely not normal, something is messed up badly. Weirdly enough, it only seems to happen in dark conditions, when the room is well lit I can't see it. I don't even know what's happening anymore.

b0ttl3m4n
Rising Star I
. . . . . . deleted . . . . . .

b0ttl3m4n
Rising Star I
I might send the phone back. It's a shame really, I like it, but the display issues for me are just too much on a new device.. If this is Samsungs fault I hope you guys will be able to work out a deal, cause it ruins an otherwise great phone. Just as I thought I found a good phone I notice issues that keep me from using it, I checked my old phone (Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro) and it has no such display issue at any brightness level. If this is a software issue please tell us. If it's possible, allow us to use DC dimming above 60 hertz, since that seems to fix all issues

RockeR
Star III
I realized that the effect is noticeable at a certain brightness from about 50% to 30%, go to the hertz change menu and switch from 90 to 120 and back. Gray highlights are especially noticeable on the sides.

Written with google translate