No pop up notification on Gmail, unless when opening the app
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: I005DA-1A067WW
- Firmware Version: WW_18.0840.2106.86
- Rooted or not: Not Rooted
- Frequency of Occurrence: Always
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Gmail
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
I have a notification problem on my Gmail app, and only I'm experiencing this on that app.
I need to open it every hour just to check my emails.
When I opened the app, and pull down (to refresh), then I will receive new emails, and pop up notifications will come after that.
I already clear cache, and uninstall updates, and even disable the app and enable it again, but nothing works.
Steps I made, but still with no success:
1. On Gmail app, I make sure that all settings were setup properly to receive notifications.
2. On Recent Apps, I make sure to Lock the Gmail app (just to make sure it will be always active on the memory).
3. The Gmail app is not optimized.
4. Adjust other settings that might affect the notification but still not receiving notifications unless I open the app.