Rog phone 5 headphone issue

On the recent WW the headphone output seem to be lower. Does anyone have ideas to help increase output.

Tagged:

Comments

• If it's the volume of the phone (voice) I don't think you can do anything, at least just.

For music, there are multiple apps on the store, like Volume booster, I haven't tested any because the volume suits me so I can't tell you if there is one that works, it depends on the phones.

The volume depends on the impedance (Ohms) of your headphones, low (8-16-32) gives a louder volume, high (64, 128, +200) gives a lower volume

• FrogFrog Level 1

So 200 ohm would push it as hard as it can go ?

• no, it's the opposite, some examples

Portable device applications: 16-50 ohms

Hi-fi: 60 ohms or more

DJ: 60 ohms or more

Studio pro: 250 ohms or more

In-ear monitoring: 16-50 ohms

------------------------------------

retrieved from the rog.asus site.

The hi-fi ESS 9280AC digital-to-analog converter that powers this jack can automatically sense headphone impedance to deliver the right amount of power at all times, no matter what's plugged in, and it can even support audiophile-grade headphones with impedances up to 1000 Ohms

-----------------------------------

This is partly true, it is the characteristics of the 9280AC, but I would love to listen to the sound and volume that the rog 5 is able to send to a Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, 250 ohms and especially to compare them with the versions 32 and 80 ohms from the same headphones.

and see the battery consumption with the 250 ohms lol

• edited August 23

Hi @Frog,

Which brand of headphones are you using?

Can you try try comparing it with a different mobile device using the same headphones if you could?

• ROG Cetra RGB headphone using.

But lighting not condole the device apps Armoury cray

• Some indications (external audio mode test on)

The Rog 5 is delivered in France with intra headphones (pedestrian kit) but I don't know the characteristics, I measure 80dB (A), which is a bit low.

2 non-intra headphones (pedestrian kits), 4 and 8 ohm, 90 dB (A)

Sony HIFI headphones, 220 ohm 85 dB (A), (jack 3.5)

BOSE QuietComfort 35 II headphones (Bluetooth) the volume is 90 dB (A),

Same BOSE headphones (connected Jack 2.5-3.5) Unknown Ohm, volume is 90 dB (A)

The Rog 5 does send a different power to adapt to the impedance of the headphones that I have, 4, 8 and 220

The intra delivered with the rog5 are those with the least powerful volume, the Sony is in the EU safety value, the others are above but do not exceed 100 dB (A), the maximum limit.

The ROG Cetra RGB are 16 ohm, it would be necessary to test these on other smartphones;

If the volume is loud on these, the Rog5 does not send the right power in 16 ohm

If the volume is low, the ROG Cetra RGB are designed not to exceed this volume, I imagine 80 dB (A), low limit of the standards but can be exceeded without exceeding 100 dB (A)

• Hi @Frog,

How is the output on the latest WW-18.0840.2107.151 update?

• The list of modifications to .151 must be incomplete I think !!!

I did not redo all the measurements nor the listening, only on the wired headphones which were at 80 and 85 dB (a), I now have 90 dB (a) and when listening it can be felt. :)