New Update _WW_30.11.51.103

2»

Comments

• tupatatapatupatatapa Level 1
    edited August 11

The latest update made my phone useless piece of... The battery stats from 90% to 30%, the device barely passes one hour of indoor usage and the battery is gone.

• I have the same from the beginning, that is already 2 months. my patience is over. Asus sees no problem, no reaction.

• I would say it's an improvement on my end. Battery in dynamic mode. Good and consistent network coverage area.

Still it's a bit worse than It was on OP8T, however it had a tad bigger battery. 4500mAh IIRC.

• CyslawoCyslawo Level 1

Full day, 3 hours on screen and almost half of battery, i thing it's ok.

• dron39dron39 Level 2

I think i's ok too.

Could you please share your screens of battery settings including used power mode?

• all time in one location and with wifi connection? 4G or 3G?

• If anyone still did not have HD voice after update, try restarting phone once again. I did that and it seems to have done the trick, call quality is much better now. Finally phone is usable for it's main purpose after almost 3 months.

• dron39dron39 Level 2
    edited August 12

Had one unplanned reboot. Strange thing is that it looks like it happened when device was in stand-by (not in my hands).

Had talk in WhatsApp with video switching from rear to main camera few times for about 10-15 minutes. Then after call clicked power button once to switch off display and then put phone to the table. After 5 minutes got phone call from one of my contacts and i saw phone number of that person instead of his name. When I switched on dispaly after call I noticed that phone asked me to enter my PIN for lockscreen for first time (no fingerprints possible). Then I realized that phone self-rebooted during that 5 minutes being on the table...

How to get logs or something else if it happens next time?

I had no random reboots/crashes on .83. Got it once yesterday on .103

@Gustav_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS

• CyslawoCyslawo Level 1

Dynamic setting, adaptive battery enabled, ultra saving between 00:00 and 7:00, background apps managing enabled.

Im not in one location, more like 2/3 of time with wifi in room, 1/3 outside with 4G.

• I spend most of my time in rooms where the 4g range is not always available. Battery consumption under such conditions is enormous. Tomorrow I will do a test and share the hotspot from another smartphone. Then i will compare the consumption.

• @daniel91m constant switching between different networks can definitely cause higher power consumption. You said 4g is not always available, so I take your phone switches between 3g and 4g?

• Exactly. At work, I move on different floors of the building where the range of networks varies (but always available). Battery disappears immediately. Even when I am in one room where LTE signal about 3/4 full power and my screen is on the consumption is very high.

Someone earlier on this forum wrote about this problem - the battery disappearing when walking outside, when the phone switches between the different antennas.

• I think it was related with switching between wifi and cellular network. Temp fix was to toggle airplane mode.

• in this case it doesn't work

• After this update, the phone heats up very much even when browsing the internet, which was not the case before.

• My phone heats up too. With 4g and location on and using maps or waze the phone was at 48°C. Too much for a phone i think.

• This update greatly reduced background battery drain. Basically now with light use I can easily achieve 3 days without charging it. It was impossible before that.

Also the phone is not randomly warming up while on standby. Before this update, often the phone was warm even if I haven't used it for hours.

• Adjusting image brightness in night mode is gone with this update?

• dron39dron39 Level 2

Today got strange phone behavior. Phone was near me, lying on the table. Then someone called me. I heard ringtone, but screen is off. I took phone in hands and pressed vol-up to mute call ringtone. Tried to switch on display by power button and display didn't switch on. Vibro is working, i tried (in blind) to push some buttons on screen and it gave some vibro haptics. I tried to push power button twice (it is set to flashlight/torch) - and nothing. Phone didn't turn on flashlight. Then I pressed continously power button and tap to right top corner (reboot) and then phone rebooted.

Had no such behavior on .83 FW and earlier. Have no idea why it happened.

• I have been using the device since may. From then til now the issues I have experienced: heating, ghost touches and battery life, seems to have improved alot. Particulary since last update.

This discussion has been closed.