KaksKaks Level 1
edited September 3 in ROG Phone 5

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Rog5
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2106.86
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Messages

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Comments

• KaksKaks Level 1

I can notice from the last 2 updates don't know why but Google messaging app drains battery too much and is not optimised.

• Hi kaks,

Maybe a bug. Clear cache of Message App.

Just to ascertain the overall battery life is accurate you can share the below.

1. Charge the battery to 100% & use as per your normal usage pattern

2. When the battery strength reaches 10%, go to settings = Battery => Tap on the battery icon & share the graph

3. settings => Battery => Check the screen & share the same

• KaksKaks Level 1

Cleared the cache and it works thanks

• Hi ,

Message app is draining battery like anything , please help on this . I already have cleared the cache but it did not help .

• Message app eating away all battery

• GouenGouen Level 1
    edited August 4

Wow this seems like a very serious core app optimization problem. I'm bumping this post to help these fellas out. The moderators should atleast give us a brief explanation and work in progress update on this matter.

I'm sorry If i sounded harsh but I'm too a victim of bad battery experience and an owner of ROG Phone 5. I don't usually come to the forum often, what brings me here today is due to my phone shutting down suddenly during a meeting when it says it still have 8% of battery left.

Every time I scroll through the forum, all I see is a bunch of battery optimization issues. This makes me so sad, shameful and dissatisfied as the owner of the phone.

• Very bad battery optimization

This phone 6000mah worse than phone with 4500mah

They must fix this ASAP

Their new update solved a bug but makes another bug

This discussion has been closed.