Media Volume auto-limiter

sangram19
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: 2106.86
Rooted or not: Stock
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): All media playback apps
Using the 3.5mm jack into a high impedance load (external amplifier), the auto-limiter kicks in at 80% volume position. This causes the music to peak and dip as the song progresses, and is very annoying.
There is no issue at top volume position, and no issue below that specific position. This is where the slider would hit the yellow warning zone on all other volume sliders (but the media volume slider, understandably, does not have the yellow zone).
Cannot test with low impedance load as the volume would be at level of hearing damage.

3 REPLIES 3

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi sangram19,
The Yellow line if you noticed correctly is not a limiter but an outdoor mode bar.
You can turn off the outdoor mode and see if it gives you the desired result.

sangram19
Star I
Hi
The issue is with a high impedance output only over the 3.5mm jack, and only applicable for playing media.
My understanding is that outdoor mode is only for the loudspeaker, my problem has nothing to do with the loudspeaker.

sangram19
Star I
Just to give it a shot, I switched off outdoor mode and it basically did nothing for the media volume over the 3.5mm output, but I didn't think it would. It's a different part of the audio subsystem.
To reiterate it is fine both above and below that specific volume position. So it's not bouncing off some sort of hardware limit, but some sort of issue with the volume. I'm using Poweramp player with DVC enabled.