Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

Comments

• They mean if you unproperlly install it the it will break your phone and they don't want to do anything about it

• As you mentioned, the SoC itself is unlikely the suspect as other brand such as samsung with the snapdragon 888 variant does not report any wifi issues related to the entire funtionality being broken. I doubt it has anything to do with the actual manufacturing of the logicboard as well, otherwise the issues would not have happened after an update.

Also the 6900 does not control audio as a whole, it only controls bluetooth audio, which is unrelated to those who experience robotic voices.

You make an excellent point with the bluetooth argument, as normally both go hand in hand due to being in the same chip, that being said, I did see SoC's fail only partly same for desktop CPU's where the integrated graphics would be broken and shorted while the CPU itself was fine.

WIthout users testing, we don't have much to go by, so far my theory is that due to the update, the drivers got messed up and should be fixed via a firmware flash, however it seems nobody here is able to do that.

• It's literally impossible for them to tell if the phone corrupted the OS or if the user messed up the flashing. So voiding warranty based on flashing their stuff is quite unlikely, as long you do not unlock bootloader, there is no way for them to tell nor should it break warranty.

• But isn't it necessary to unlock the bootloader to flash firmware or software in the phone? Also, if something is messed up, then it will void the warranty and you have to bear the complete cost of repair. But if the issue happens again then I will surely do it as you said.

• krnapjkrnapj Level 2

Those of you who still think you ll get help from the forum

After 7 days of sending him the logs, now they checked that the logs were empty.just cut your losses guys, get it repaired from the service center.no issue gets resolved on the forum anyway.

if its an obvious issue then they reply,otherwise they just ignore it.

• krnapjkrnapj Level 2

He asked me to tap general, i thgt they might be needing general only.now he has woken up n realised theres a wifi option. I wonder how they even become mods.

anyway,someone else msg him n gv him logs ,who still has their device.

m gona be recieving my repaired device today.

• I understood we never get any help in this forum in the first 2 days only. But just wanna discuss this issue with users like me.

• Let us know the condition of the device after repair. If you notice any damage, unusual behaviour or heating issues, please let us know here.

• Please provide us a new update as soon, may be it will fix this issue , otherwise this issue is happening with many people, it will ruin the asus name, no more will asus can reside in india in future especially in smartphones, asus will ruin the upcoming trust in the people's heart, so choice is yours either make it or leave it . Humbly request asus to do as soon

• He messages me but after that no respons

Maybe he doesn't want people to know if that's their motherboard faulty

• Asus already ruined it's repo by giving zero customer support and rude replies when I got call from their region head who don't have basic ethics to talk to customers. Now I started facing memory and mobile data connectivity issues. I have never imagined such kind of suffer after purchasing flagship device. They don't have courage to accept their manufacturing defect from fabrication unit.

• One from their leadership team already accepted manufacturing defect but they don't have courage to accept publically via a press release. Now I am facing issue with memory where memory utilisation goes into negative and then mobile data stop getting reception. Only option is to reboot. Now I refrain that maybe storage and processer won't start trouble for me and finally device will die permanently with about a month of purchase.

• krnapjkrnapj Level 2

Omg, i am stupid , i am a piece of shit for buying asus phone. Their customer support is worse than shit , i have been talking to customer care and they r saying your phone is getting repaired, it will be dispatched tomorow,stuff like that and right now i found out that my phone has not yet even left the local service center ,they are not able to arrange courier pick up service since 7 days.i am soo stuupid that i bought asus.

• krnapjkrnapj Level 2

You think the service center guys also cant flash the firmware and instead they are replacing the motherboard?

• Always so uncertain because now new users report that the phone no longer turns on.

For audio, yes, the 888 only processes BT audio, I generalized thinking that users used it on the phone with headsets or a hands-free kit because in France it is a majority, mandatory in car or it is connected to the car radio.

I think I also have the phone audio bug, to be confirmed. Yesterday I called a company that handles calls with an intelligent talking robot, we can say Yes / No to it, but also full sentences. The robot recognizes Yes or No once in 10 with the rog 5 and ended up hanging up. I repeated the call twice for the same negative result.

I took my Motorola G8 + and had 30 min of conversation with the robot without any problem. also tried with a Samsung S20 without problems. test with 3 tel and 3 sim (free, orange, bouygues) in each tel. 3 failures with the Rog5.

It annoys me to do it on my own but clearing the cache and the data of the Google Framework service could force a new OTA update on some tel a few years ago, I will do some research.

The cause of a bad firmware update remains to be favored because after the .86 update there were other failures than the WIFI. The proximity sensor and the air triggers. The sensor has restarted after a new firmware update. In theory, this should not happen with the inactive hidden partition system imposed on A11.

I am going to take advantage of my vacation and I will look into it on the way back, if this happens to me with my rog5 and it is not hardware I would like to understand.

• The technical support can do everything on the firmware without dismantling anything as long as the device turns on, obviously it will not software repair a burnt hardware.

Although you can change the IMEI, normally a manufacturer does not do it on a supporting device, the change of motherboard is accompanied by the change of IMEI, so you should no longer have the same IMEI if the failure was hardware.

And I have never seen a support service change a component, especially under warranty, if it is just necessary to reflash the device, the time passing is not the same.

• @krnapj 

The technical support can do everything on the firmware without dismantling anything as long as the device turns on, obviously it will not software repair a burnt hardware.

Although you can change the IMEI, normally a manufacturer does not do it on a supporting device, the change of motherboard is accompanied by the change of IMEI, so you should no longer have the same IMEI if the failure was hardware.

And I have never seen a support service change a component, especially under warranty, if it is just necessary to reflash the device, the time passing is not the same.

• Even I feel the same. All my friends are asking what happened to the new phone. It is really embarrassing to tell a brand new phone is in the service center. Moreover, ASUS is treating its users like shit.

• The technical support can do everything on the firmware without dismantling anything as long as the device turns on, obviously it will not software repair a burnt hardware.

• SwisterSwister Level 1

I am also not able to turn on WiFi or hotspot. In hotspot is shows error. Since many face this issue it's clearly a bug. Please solve it on your next update. Wifi and hotspot are important features. Hope the fix is coming soon. Thnx