Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Yamini
Star III
The latest software update on my ROG Phone 5 has the following issues:
1. WiFi icon won't activate upon tapping it.
2. Did a soft reset and a factory reset to try to fix the WiFi issue, nothing works- all the pre installed My ASUS apps have also disappeared.
3. Unable to restore back ups.
4. Unable to turn on WiFi
5. Can't make phone calls while downloading any app or data in the background using mobile data. The person on the other end can't hear me and I can't hear the other person.
Anyone else facing the same issue? I've purchased this phone in May 2021 and have been facing issues ever since.
There was a previous mic issue where other person on the call could only hear my muffled voice.
This issue got better after 1 software update in June. But the latest software update ruined my phone completely. I'm not able to use it for any purpose.
Also, I've used Aeroactive cooler while gaming for a couple of days. Could that cause this issue?
Any leads or help related to the issue described above?

freakingrocky
Star I
I also have issues number 1, 2 and 4. I have emailed Asus about the same and am waiting for a reply.

zxops47
Rising Star I
Same here bro have to fucking use Lan cave for wifi after doing update Version WW18.0840.2106.86
2021/07/22. Pls if you find solutions Tell me

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi freakingrocky,
I think you have completed most of the troubleshooting steps.
Can you perform a factory reset?
By any chance, you have connected Ethernet cable? Is the issue since you connected it?