This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 have defective MOTHERBOARDS and screens BLACKING OUT.

ZT-02d251ee
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2104.147
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
I just need to share this because it's bothering me. Almost all issues of ROG PHONE 3 I'm seeing are issues with black screen and their display suddenly freezing and blacking out. Then it happened to me. My screen went black after I played a game and to fix it I restarted the phone. It works on the first try then just after 45 seconds, screen died again. I feel that my phone is in "ON" state and pressed the power button to turn off just the screen and double tapped the screen again then I feel that the phone is vibrating. The phone is in "ON" state while the screen is dead. I tried calling the phone and it's working while the screen is still black.
I immediately let a technician see the phone next day and advised me to leave the phone to them for 5 working days. Then after that, I got the phone and the service center told me the motherboard is the problem. Now I'm getting concerned that almost all issues in the FB groups and HERE are about the screens blacking out then got their motherboards replaced. It's alarming because it seems that nobody even the MODS HERE are not aware that this issue is so common on ROG3 and my warranty is expiring. I only got 3 months of it. And next time when it happen again, I can't cover for the repairs. I thought ROG phones are durable so I bought this for long term use. I used almost all of my hard worked money then just getting issues like this. I'm just sharing it to let you guys know about this issue.
Can it be that the software or updates are messing up the motherboards ? 🤔
0 REPLIES 0