Where to purchase optional HDD Caddy for Asus Pro P1440FA-C73P-CA 14 Notebook
- System: WIN 10 Pro
- Battery or AC: No Issues
- Model: Asus Pro P1440FA-C73P-CA 14 Notebook (Purchased April 2021)
- Frequency of occurrence: Ongoing lack of parts
- Reset OS: No Issues
- Screenshot or video:
Detailed description: I did email Asus the following but they were unable to help me and directed me to regular suppliers like BestBuy, Staples and Canada Computers. I bought this laptop at Canada Computers and I went the store to see if they could help but they said these were proprietary parts and they don't sell them.
Issue: Where to purchase optional HDD Caddy (DVD slot replacement) as described in product promotional material on Asus website.
Notebook comes with a plastic blank insert in the DVD slot (Part Number: 13N1-43P0101). When insert is removed, I can see there are SATA connectors inside the laptop.
Plastic blank insert does not have a separate removable front bezel to enable transfer to front of 3rd party purchased caddy. Front of DVD bezel is an Asus proprietary part.
Since there is no DVD player there is no small rear bracket to secure a 3rd party caddy.
I have installed a 3rd party caddy with a 1TB Samsung 850 EVO and it is working but it looks terrible due to an incompatible front bezel and am unable to secure it in place as I have no rear bracket to attach to the caddy.
Asus to either,
1) sell me the Asus website described HDD Caddy for my Asus PRO P1440FA-C73P-CA 14 Notebook.
2) sell me the proprietary DVD detachable front bezel for my model laptop described above.
3) tell me if Asus has a third-party vendor who can supply either of above options.
4) I would happily buy an Asus Pro P1440FA-C73P-CA 14 (9.5mm) compatible DVD player just to
get the parts.
If anyone could tell me where to get the parts or if you have had a similar issue and found another solution it would be greatly appreciated.