🛑 [GEFORCE NOW] 🛑👨🔧✔️ Temporary FIX for LAG ✔️👨🔧
- Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.47:
- Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
- APP Name & APP Version : Geforce Now 5.38.30094874
- Model Name: Asus rog phone 5 (no root)
- I can't add links yet, so I'm going to upload them in files
If you are not aware, the phone has issues with the GeForce Now app. it makes everything lag, but competitive cloud services like Stadia and xCloud / GamePass works fine + other android devices doesn't have this problem.
I have spoken with GFN support team and reported the problem. but I'm doubtful it will get fixed if the community doesn't make noise. So it's my mission to speak up and hopefully the problem can get fixed. So far NO ASUS HAS NOT ACKNOWLEDGED THIS PROBLEM.
I can't say if it's on ASUS side that needs to do the fixing or Nvidia. But I hope if this gets more attention.. that maybe their can speak together.
I recently discovered a temporary fix
- Update the app (recently got updated)
- Before launching the app, start the "screen recorder"
- Launch a game and wait until you are fully connected.
- if the lag is gone, stop the recording (delete it if you want)
Here is what You can do to help! 🖐️
- Report the problem inside the Geforce Now App (feedback) ✔️
- Contact their support team ✔️
- Write it in the Google play review. ✔️
- Post it on asus forums
- Post & Response to post related to GFN & ROG PHONE 5 ✔️
- Post on Geforce reddit and other places that can reach ✔️