System: Asus TUF a15 (506II)
Battery or AC: both
Model: ryzen 5 4th gen and gtx 1650ti
Frequency of occurrence: frequent
Reset OS: windows 10
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I have been using the Asus tuf a15 for the past 1 year recently I have been noticing that in armoury crate the GPU fan section shows 0 rpm but I can feel the air coming out of the laptop, when I test it using my Asus app it sometimes shows there may be something wrong with your fan but most of the time it shows that the fan is working correctly
image.png
but the problem is that under heavy loads the fans won't speed up causing heating
image.png

what my be the reason for this problem is it a software issue or a hardware one
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

alwinmathew4
Star III
Just got my laptop back from service center today and i have been using it heavily all day and the problem seem to have been solved now both fans work as intended the service center replaced both of my fans

They told me the issue was the dust in the fan which resisted its rotation cleaning it didn't solve the problem so they replaced both of the fans it cost me INR 2000 or roughly around 30 USD
Hope this issue wont happen again..... Anyways thankyou @Blake_ASUS for your help
If anyone else has the same issues like me then its probably a failing fan get it replaced
img-20210809-200747.jpg
Old fans left one CPU right GPU

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
May I know your BIOS version, Armoury Crate version and ASUS system control Interface driver version?
Also, your GPU is under power saving mode, so it means that you are not using the GPU, then the GPU fan would not be running.
Which mode did you set the device to ? and what game or program are you running when you took this screenshot?
Thank you.

alwinmathew4
Star III
bios version is 316, armoury crate 4.1.6.0, everything is up to date I did all the windows updates and Asus updates.
The GPU is in turbo mode and this happens for any game that I play when I took the screenshot I was playing Valorant, i saw someone in this forum with the same issue but their discussion was closed

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Then can you try to enter Nvidia control center to make sure that all your game is running on Nvidia card ?
Thank you.

alwinmathew4
Star III
yes the game is running on the Nvidia card i can also see it in task manager