15.6" ZenBook Pro Duo UX581LV with TWO ZenScreen-Go-MB16AP or MB169B+ screens?

LukeDLukeD Level 1
edited July 18 in ZenBook
  1. System: Win10
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: UX581LV
  4. Frequency of occurrence: TBD
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

I'm considering purchasing an UX581LV and want to use it with TWO portable monitors. I'm interested in the ZenScreen-Go-MB16AP monitors for the extra battery life, but they only have a USB-C. Alternately I have looked at the MB169B+, which is a standard USB connection but relies on the laptop battery. The zenbook duo only has a single USB-C port. I want to be able to use this combo (laptop + 2 monitors) without AC power for some time. Can I use a USB-C>USB-C hub to run two unique MB16AP's from the zenbook? Could I instead connect directly to each of the USB 3.0 ports and run two unique MB169B+ monitors? This setup will often be hardpowered, but it does need to be able to be used for short windows on battery power, or repositioned/replugged without losing control/power. I do not own any of this hardware yet but am on the cusp of committing to the purchase and want to be sure it will work as planned.

Thank you.

Luke

Comments

• Hello Luke,

USB C to USB C should be possible, but I can't guarantee if you are not using the original cable.

There are other MB16 models that has USB C to USB C directly, so you may consider those.

Also, the power supply could be an issue since supporting to 2 external monitor and UX581 itself could be a heavy loading, or you might need to turn off the screenpad plus, then that's only 3 monitor total.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.