Star I
System: Windows 10 20H2 x64
Battery or AC: AC
Model: GX701GWR
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: +
Screenshot or video: No
========================
Detailed description:Good afternoon. I ran into the following problem: The MyASUS program offered to update the keyboard firmware called the update so (ROG KB Firmware Update Tool V2.2.4) During the installation of the update, the system failed. After that, the laptop rebooted, but the keyboard does not respond in any way and the backlight does not work, i.e. it is simply disabled.. After repeatedly failed attempts to re-install this update from the MyASUS app, I decided to Google it on various sites, including European forums. Someone helped flashing with the KB Update Tool of other versions, tried different things that I could find on the network: 1.0.5 (does not see the firmware), 2.2.3 (closes), 2.2.4 (closes), 2.2.6 (closes). Nothing helped. I found the native keyboard firmware along the way: C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ROGKBFWUpdateTool I tried to flash the native version of the program, to no avail.. at the same time, the update tool does not issue any errors, but simply closes without even starting the firmware process. The program turns off after 15-20 seconds of thinking. What is the problem, I can not understand. The keyboard does not work to this day. I wrote to technical support, they do not answer anything. What to do, what to do next?
1 REPLY 1

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
I am really sorry to see this post.
Please kindly send your laptop to our service center to reflash the keyboard firmware.
Thank you.