edited July 22 in ZenBook
  1. System: Zenbook Duo UX482
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX482EG
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Yes, tried three times.
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:My Zenbook Duo UX482 (i7, 32GB RAM, MX450, Windows 10 Pro) has had an audio out-of-sync issue since day 1. I tried reinstalling windows 3 times and downloading all the latest windows updates but nothing worked. The issue occurs when playing any video, where the sound is always lagging behind (out of sync with speech).

I suspect that perhaps it has something to do with the video card drivers because the problem persists even when I plugged in an external USB sound card and used my headphones.

Also, the video appeared to lock up when I used Google Meet for a video conference this week. Please help!

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Wave,

The issue happens with built-in speaker, plug in headset or bluetooth audio device? or all?

Can you share a video record of the issue?

Please check your BIOS and audio driver version as well.

Thank you.

• I actually have noticed this problem as well (it is an intermittent occurrence I think). There are a number of users on Reddit also messaging me about this issue and I think it needs to be looked into @Blake_ASUS

It happens on speaker and bluetooth. Not sure about plugged in, but some users have said to me it is also lagging on headset and via USB soundcard

• Hi there,

It would be great if you can share a video or audio record so I can test and compare them.

Thank you.

• @Blake_ASUS I can't do a video recording because the capture device will be out of sync as well introducing errors in the measurement. What I did do however is the following youtube test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucZl6vQ_8Uo

With audio enhancements disabled there is no detectable delay.

With audio enhancements enabled I can see a 50-200ms delay which is very noticeable.

This discussion has been closed.