Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Kunai 3
Left Controller Version: V3.3.3
Right Controller Version: Vff.ff.ff
Bluetooth Version: V3.0.8
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
In addition to the information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I already read the same cases here in ZenTalk and tried updating the firmware by attaching it to the kunai charger and connecting it to the phone via USB C. The firmware update prompts but the update always fails. I will try to visit the nearest Asus service center, but since I'm here, I created this new discussion in order to report another case and that this case might still be prevalent to a lot of kunai 3 gamepad users. I hope that Asus will raise this issue higher in their "to fix" priority list. The kunai 3 gamepad is a good product and it would be a waste if they wouldn't fix and improve it.
2 REPLIES 2

rogeriskira
Rising Star I
This is a known issue. I had a post earlier named "ROG Kunai 3 USB Mode random disconnect!" which also had people with the issue of updating firmware. If the mods get attention they may be able to assist you MAY, as I am still waiting about 6 weeks for replacement.

I was told to wait for a replacement as it was a hardware issue. But, I'm still waiting.... If you get lucky enough to get attention for a mod to assist, that does not mean you'll get a replacement any time soon.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@rogeriskira Check your inbox for a PM from me! 😊
@burningtimes00 Contacting your local service center will be the best way to get help. It's possible your problem stems from faulty hardware, in which case they will be best equipped to solve it. Just remember to follow all health and safety regulations put in place due to the ongoing pandemic. Keep both your health and the health of others in mind when planning a potential visit.