This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call weirdness, maybe VoLTE trying to break out?

edddd
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: 30.41.69.51
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Started happening suddenly until restart
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Plain old Phone Calling
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Something weird happened with phone calls today. Firstly, I got calls where the phone never ringed. Okay, I thought, probably just spam. Then, later I got a real call, picked it up and could not hear anything. Got the same call 4 times and no audio at all, not even a beep. Later the person called me on another number/phone, which worked fine and told me that my voice sounded fine. So, the Zenfone somehow failed to play the voice audio. I tried switching to loudspeaker and back, did not help. Also tried changing volume. Then I restarted the phone and we tried again and this time the call worked fine. This is the first time I ever have an issue like this since last 5 years or so. The only thing that changed is that I bought the Zenfone.
Maybe this oddness is related to missing VoLTE? The person said my voice was loud and crisp. In later test I noticed the audio quality difference on Zenfone vs the other phone was night and day on my end.
I know this has been said a thousand times before, but... VoLTE... ? Might be a freak coincidence, but the thing with the restart was weird.
0 REPLIES 0