VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

Comments

• waxy78611waxy78611 Level 2

Well in the UK we've been waiting 4 years for volte to active on the biggest UK network which is EE. You may also have to wait 4 years

• Amazing peeps around sharing the most controversial zenfone 8 stuff :P

• jackddjackdd Level 1

In Germany O2, Telekom and Vodafone works. Resellers like Congstar (Telekom) don't work with VoLTE. Congstar support says, i have to contact Asus to support VoLTE. In 40 days 3G will be disabled.

• KuberttKubertt Level 1
    edited May 20

Hello @CH_ASUS,

Would be possible to share list with operators/countries where VoLTE is enabled + share list with operators/countries where you are actively working on it ?

For example i really would like to buy this phone with "early-bird price" but i need to be sure that VoLTE will be working... I dont want to buy phone where i will be facing issues with call quality.

If possible pass these 2 operators to network team.

Operators: 1. Telekom 2. Orange

Thank you for your support

• GermansGermans Level 1

Can you confirm if VoLTE and VoWiFi enabled on 3 (Three) UK? Thanks!

• MASMMASM Level 1

Movistar Spain dont have Volte.

• WaSyLWaSyL Level 1

I was considering this phone, but lack of volte and vowifi pushes me back. Also guys please note that 5G also requires operator configuration in phone, so it will not work. This should have been arranged before launch. Pity.

• AmitGardeAmitGarde Level 5

They have already started to work with most of operators for all present as well as future models before launch. Just the problem here is work completed is only for few operators and not all.

I want to tell you that they are enabeling volte to Zenfone 8 series but gradually and you should definetly see number of operators enabled in upcoming future firmwares with time. As this process is very time taking because of its full fleged testings and addition of models in there support list is from operators and not ASUS.

Stay tuned!.

• Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by 5G requiring operator configuration? How will i know if this phone's 5G will work on my operator?

• CyslawoCyslawo Level 1

I can confirm bad voice quality on this phone too, it looks like it's not because of lack of volte, but something is wrong with software. On my previous lg g8, which hasn't volte and vowifi in my country voice quality was much better. When I called first time from zenfone 8 first thing that my friend asked was where I am because he could't hear me properly. Also voice quality on my side was like on galaxy mini 2 or something like that. I also checked Viber and messenger calls, i can hear people better, but they say that I'm still hardly understandable.

• CH_ASUSCH_ASUS admin

Is there a place where Zenfone 8 is sold and 5G was not enabled? (barring operator strict whitelisting practices).

• WaSyLWaSyL Level 1

Since Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and Voice over New Radio (VoNR - for 5G) utilize the same IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) phone needs to have special 'ims' APN provisioned. When it is not there it will not work. On some phones (i.e. xiaomi) they already have ims apns configured for various network operators, you can disable so called carrier check and use volte/vowifi.

• Hi,

Phone: Zenfone 8 ZS590KS

Carrier: Elisa

Rooted: No

FW: Latest Stable

Previous Samsung and Xiaomi phones have VoLTE and VoWiFi in their options, the ZP8 doesn't. Our carriers say it's a generic configuration and it's up to the manufacturer to enable the option. The Samsungs are on their "validated phones" list, but the Xiaomi ones (Both Redmi and Poco series) are not on the list yet still work.

Please look into this on a more broader scale, VoLTE is not a new technology and given how interconnected the European Union is with it's roaming directives, it shouldn't be that different per carrier and per country.

TL;DR - if it worked for Spain, it will work for most if not all European countries. Please involve more people in testing if need be.

Godspeed. 🙏

• Dear Asus moderators,

If you have some kind of 'wishlist' what carriers should be included in your work with adding VoLTE/VoWiFi, please include Orange PL there :)

I can see that in last FW version some Czech and German networks were included - close enough to Poland ;P

Best,

Lukasz

• MASMMASM Level 1

When Volte & Vowifi for Movistar Spain?

• zoli1492zoli1492 Level 1

In Hungary we have the same VoLTE and VoWiFi problem with Telekom and Digi operators. When we can expect solution?

Thank you for your support!

• PukasusPukasus Level 1

No VoLTE on Vodafone Netherlands yet :( but still call quality is awesome for me :)

• bartehkbartehk Level 1

Hej,

I am using Orange Flex in PL and VoLTE/VoWiFi seems to be working just fine. I needed to enable switches in mobile network options by this code: *#*#3642623344#*#* (must be re-entered after the reboot)

Call quality is very good. Confirmed by the people I talked to over the phone.