ASUS ZenFone 5 ZE620KL Android 10 Beta Version, Firmware Version V17.0615.2005.25. NFC payment does not work. How can this be fixed?
Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Does the issue appear with any specific device or scenario, using NFC for metro or e-pay, on any specific app?
2. Please try SMMI test: Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>NFC Test
If the SMMI test passes, please check any disturbance from installed 3rd party apps.
3. Does the issue appear right after any system/apps' download or update?
Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check any disturbance from installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
4. Have you ever rooted, unlocked, flashed custom rom on your device?
Thanks for the answer.
The device is not rooted. The bootloader on the smartphone is not unlocked. Firmware from the official site, Android 10. The SMMI test is going well.
Everything works on Android 9.
NFC does not work when paying in a store, I didn’t try it on the subway, but I think the result will not be comforting.
Thank you for your reply. If the SMMI test - NFC test passes on V17.0615.2005.25,
1. please try to report your issue to your payment app developer: Play Store>App>Contact App Developer
2. please try other NFC apps as well.
Which payment app are you using?
I read that the NFC does not work on Asus-X00QD with Android 10 in principle, this is a software flaw.
It's a shame that haven't finished with the firmware.
Thank you for your reply. As I mentioned before, NFC works properly on V17.0615.2005.25, which is also proved by your SMMI pass test. Besides, you may refer to passage below which we resolved NFC on V17.0615.2005.25.
As aforementioned passage, for your issue
2. please try other NFC apps
Christine_ASUS Understood. Everything is working. Many thanks!
Thank you for the feedback. Cheers!