Rog Phone 5 Issues!!
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: Rog phone 5
- Firmware Version: WW-18.0840.2103.26
- Rooted or not: No
- Frequency of Occurrence: All the Time
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
Problem after problem with Asus. I've seen many unanswered threads too. Asus are either ignoring everyone or just useless. Anyway, here's a list of problems I'm facing with the latest WW-18.0840.2103.26 update.
1. Volte simply WON'T WORK. I have the option for it (advanced lte) but the feature just won't work. My sim card and network support volte as I've used it on a different device. For a £1000 phone to not have volte as a standard in 2021 is just pathetic. Utterly ridiculous.
2. Voice calls drop. Whenever I'm on the phone the person I'm Speaking to says that my voice fades in and out or sometimes goes quiet. My reception is ALWAYS FULL, I live in a strong reception area, so, asus, before you blame my network, newsflash, it's nothing to do with my network but this issue is with this phone many people have wasted money on.
3. Android System high battery drain. I could be gaming on my phone, using YouTube, WhatsApp, Web browsing, Netlfix. Doesn't matter what apo I use, but the battery usage has Android System as the biggest battery consumer. This happened on the Rog 2 but was fixed with a update. even leaving the phone in idle makes android system suck the battery life dry. I've cleared app data, disabled some apps, factory reset 3 times yet android system is always the highest battery consumer. After installing gsam battery monitor, it seems that android system as so many wake locks. In 1 day, the android system displayed over 12,000, yes Twelve thousand wake locks, all from ANDROID SYSTEM. There is a serious bug here which needs to be addressed.