RoystoysRoystoys Level 4
edited June 16 in ZenFone 7 Series

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZenFone 7
  2. Firmware Version: 30.41.69.51
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Callander

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Since updating to A11 I don't get notified either by sound or visually, for reminders I set in the calendar. I seem to still get them if I set a task but not for reminders. I have checked all settings I think but may have missed something obvious HELP PLEASE!

PS I am/ was going to trade up to the ZenFone 8 as soon as it's available but I really need to know if this is going to happen on the zen 8 as well,so is it an Asus A11 bug or just a zen 7 bug

Best Answer

• RoystoysRoystoys Level 4
    Accepted Answer

Ok thanks to Skipwoof I have discovered that uninstalling the calendar app updates fixes the problem but unfortunately updating it again just beings the bug back .

He also pointed out that it isn't a problem on other A11 phones like Nokia so not sure what is actually going on. It's a pity because I like to keep all apps updated but I really like getting notifications for reminders so I guess I will just have to live with it unupdated .

Special thanks to Skipwoof

Comments

• This is a duplicate post if this discussion:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47264/a11-major-problems-with-gmail-notifications#latest

edited May 5

No it's not actually,I am getting notifications from All three of my email accounts and infact all others , except for notifications from my calendar regarding reminders I set. So getting that out of the way and getting back to my problem does anyone know how to enable the reminder notifications again or what setting I should tweek. Or has this just been changed on A11 Compared to A10 which is fine but I really just need to know

Any helpful response gratefully accepted

• What does it say when you long-press your calendar app then press app info -> notifications?

Have you also checked all the settings inside your calendar app?

Ok when I long tap the calendar app I see 3 notifications per day permissions,calander, location, phone plus some irrelevant stuff . What I don't understand is why I don't get notifications for reminders anymore but I do for tasks and goals

• Have you read my post? I have the exactly same problem with the calendar app. And I have provided Asus hte logs for it... So nice opening 1000 posts for one problem...it is very helpful to find a solution so

PS yes I have checked the calendar settings and I can't see anything wrong or anything I can fix in there . Do we just not get notifications for reminders anymore, I mean I can live with that I'll just set them as tasks from now on but I would just like to know

• CVonCCVonC Level 2

Pity the Zenfone 8 Flip is pretty much the same as the Zenfone 7 Pro. You only get a minor SoC upgrade (SD888), screen and refresh rate is the same. Oh and apparently the ultrawide is being replaced with a macro lens instead? What a bad decision lol.

Ok so then the rumours of it being about$1000 AU is probably correct then. Still at least it comes with A 11 out of the box so it will go up to A13 eventually LoL thanks for the heads up

• If it has the same A11 as the one from Zf7 series,i would just skip it!

• CVonCCVonC Level 2

Most likely. This A11 update on the ZF7 has been riddled with bugs. So much for the beta testing program lol.

Not that it needed to be confirmed BUT just received my wife's Nokia g 10 and it runs on A11 and the notifications for reminders works perfectly so yes it has to be a zenfone 7 A11 thing

This discussion has been closed.