System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Zenbook Duo 2021 UX482EG
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Why can't we set the brightness to zero? The lowest brightness is sometimes too bright in a dim environment, what is the manufacturer's reason for not allowing absolute brightness control? It just seems like a really simple thing to do and someone just didn't bother with it....
4 REPLIES 4

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Are you referring to the Screen brightness or Keyboard brightness?
Thank you.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

Are you referring to the Screen brightness or Keyboard brightness?

Thank you.

View post
The display brightness. And while I'm here I'll mention "brightness for both displays"

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Well...the there is always a range for the display brightness, if it is totally 0, then it's like turned off, right?
But anyway, I will report your feedback to related department.
Thank you.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

Well...the there is always a range for the display brightness, if it is totally 0, then it's like turned off, right?

But anyway, I will report your feedback to related department.

Thank you.

View post
Yes that's right, zero brightness should be no backlight at all - the Macbooks have been able to do this for over 10 years already. On that note, you should be able to set the brightness adjustment intervals because sometimes the dimmest setting is too bright.

Thank you, I have noticed a bunch of new updates from all of you (Asus, Intel Graphics and Windows) and it has recently been coming together quite nicely.