A11 major problems with Gmail notifications

123457»

Comments

• CVonCCVonC Level 2

Notifications seem to be working properly now overnight

• RoystoysRoystoys Level 4

I am curious if the latest update has resolved your issues?

• It's too soon to comment, but so far so good! I am waiting another couple of days before I can say for sure since always after reboot it was working...

• CVonCCVonC Level 2

One hand mode... So all it does is shift the entire screen down which crops the bottom part out. I really don't see the point? Previously the screen just gets squished down but still in the same ratio so you can see whole screen area including the bottom.

• TagionTagion Level 2

It's following the Android 12 One Hand Mode implementation. It's only meant to reach top parts of the screen quickly. Previously you had to make the screen very small to easily reach the status bar, but then the screen is too small to read comfortably.

• CVonCCVonC Level 2

Yeah I prefer the original implementation. Not that I used it though.

• RoystoysRoystoys Level 4

They are just to big a phone to use one handed especially when it's in a leather case

• Yeah not the best one-hand mode implementation, considering it also activates unintentionally while playing games. But it's something, it can be useful for some.

Gmail notifications also work for me so far, but I'm not celebrating for at least 2 weeks, it might be due to the restart.

• 4 days in and still no issue about background apps, Gmail works as expected, Weather app too, and the Play Store update apps by itself.

Everything seems to work now.

I won't have to switch phone for now then.

• Yeah, same for me! I think this thread can be closed now, finally! Also thanks for the fix to the Asus team, apparently they did it.

This discussion has been closed.