ROG 3 Defective Display Replacement
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: Asus ROG 3
- Firmware Version: Android 11 Beta
- Rooted or not: No
- Frequency of Occurrence:
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
I purchased ROG 3 back in September 2020 after extensive research and reviews, it was a great phone at that time which I thought I should upgrade to from my 4-year-old Nexus 6. I purchased the 8GB-128GB model from the Flipkart website and it was a great experience. Almost 6 months down the lane I've faced a series of problems with the phone as follows:
- Black Crush Issue (I am okay with this, it does not affect my daily usage except while gaming in a dark environment where it causes minor inconvenience but I can live with this.)
- Power Brick Adapter stopped working after 2 months of usage. I visited the authorized Asus service center in my locality and they replaced it with the new power brick charger with no questions asked. I was happy with the response but was also shocked as to why just a 2 months old charger can suddenly stop working. Keeping in mind that I don't overcharge my phone at night and I don't use the Turbocharger option too unless actually needed.
- Now 6 months down the lane, the weirdest thing happened. I placed my phone on the flat surface, connected it to a power plug for a charge, and connected it to the Bluetooth speaker. 2-3 hours later when I pick up my phone, to my shock the screen is not turning on. I can see the LED blinking, phone vibration is working fine but there is no display at all. Complete Blacked out.
I was clueless as to how this could happen to a 6-month-old premium phone all of a sudden? This could not be due to the half-an-inch crack which is present near the rear-firing speaker, the crack which is there since day 6th I purchased the phone and accidentally banging it on the table. If it was due to a crack, the phone would have stopped working then and there itself, and not randomly after 6 months of it.
The next morning, I take the phone to the same authorized service center, I explain the complete scenario to them as-is and they inspect the phone and send me a quotation of approx 14,000 INR When I try explaining the situation to them and tell them that it is not a user fault here as the display blacked out randomly after 6 months and there was no liquid damage or physical damage either (except the minor crack from the 6 months back). The engineer at the service center agreed too that this is not the user's fault, it is not because of the crack but internally there would have been some short-circuit or power disruption due to which the display blacked out.
Now please tell me this, as I am having a hard time understanding this. When you guys agree that this is not the User's fault and this is potentially a device unit defect that led to this. Why am I being charged such a hefty amount to replace the screen which I did not cause in the first place? It really makes me question the post-sale customer experience of the Asus Mobile unit. I expected that you guys would consider the scenario that this is a device defect potentially and offered to replace the display as it is still under warranty. But instead, I am handed the huge bill with the reason which is irrelevant here and it is completely false.
Kindly look into this issue and provide further assistance as to what should I do next