Asus Zenfone 5Z (and possibly other models) reboot loop workaround
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: Zenfone 5Z
- Firmware Version: v1.04.07.13
- Rooted or not: No
- Frequency of Occurrence: Not so often right now
This is regarding a workaround I found regarding a problem that appears to be very much present but not really common in the various Asus zenfones. As I said, this is not a permanent solution, but just a workaround.
The thing is, when the reboot loop starts, the phone keeps rebooting without leaving the boot screen.
Workaround that works for me:
1) Turn the phone off by holding the power button (if it doesn't work the first time, hold it for a couple reboots and it should work)
2) Connect the phone to a charger and wait for the green/red circle thing telling about the charging status to come up
3) Restart phone while connected to charger
The reason I'm making this thread is because this is self experimentation and I couldn't find any other solution/workaround save getting the mobo replaced. Hope it helps!