This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED TO PUT MY ROG 2 SOO CLOSE TO MY AIR CONDITION SO THAT IT WILL NOT SHUTDOWN WHILE CHARGING 🤬🤬

Praju
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG2 (8/120)
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2103.75
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: Very frequent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Everytime I charge my phone It will shutdown due to overheating so now i have to put it close to my AC so that it will not shutdown due to overheating. Before the latest update it was shutting down around 70% after the update it comes down to 30% 👏👏. when I talked about this to the service center they told me to replace the motherboard and it will cost 27k.....what the hell !!! this issue is from your side and we have to pay for it...this is how you treat your customer you want to fix this issue or else I am done with ASUS
21 REPLIES 21

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Praju

1. Model Name: ROG2 (8/120)
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2103.75
  3. Rooted or not: NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Very frequent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Everytime I charge my phone It will shutdown due to overheating so now i have to put it close to my AC so that it will not shutdown due to overheating. Before the latest update it was shutting down around 70% after the update it comes down to 30%. when I talked about this to the service center they told me to replace to motherboard and it will cost 27k.....what the hell !!! this issue is from your side and we have to pay for it...you want to fix this issue or else Goodbye to ASUS

NEED TO PUT MY ROG 2 SOO CLOSE TO MY AIR CONDITION SO THAT IT WILL NOT SHUTDOWN WHILE CHARGING 🤬🤬
There is nothing wrong with the phone, infact the phone is trying to protect itself from heating by shutting down. It is the same for all phone really, when it is too hot, it shuts down.
If you can, do not use hyper-charging and probably better, don't charge while playing.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Praju

1. Model Name: ROG2 (8/120)
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2103.75
  3. Rooted or not: NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Very frequent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Everytime I charge my phone It will shutdown due to overheating so now i have to put it close to my AC so that it will not shutdown due to overheating. Before the latest update it was shutting down around 70% after the update it comes down to 30%. when I talked about this to the service center they told me to replace to motherboard and it will cost 27k.....what the hell !!! this issue is from your side and we have to pay for it...you want to fix this issue or else Goodbye to ASUS

Have you tried turning the max down to 10 W

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Praju,
Please check your PM and share the requested details. Already sent you a PM long back.

Praju
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46502/need-to-put-my-rog-2-soo-close-to-my-air-condition-so-t...

There is nothing wrong with the phone, infact the phone is trying to protect itself from heating by shutting down. It is the same for all phone really, when it is too hot, it shuts down.

If you can, do not use hyper-charging and probably better, don't charge while playing.

View post
I won't use my phone while charging bro..when i check if it's Fully charged it will be shutdowned...i am using the charger that comes in the box