Bluetooth not working

adrianftodievadrianftodiev Level 1
edited March 28 in ROG Phone 2
  1. Model Name:Asus ROG 2 (I001DE)
  2. Firmware Version: .75
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Garmin Connect mobile

Hi there. It seems that Asus ROG Phone 2 has serious problems with Bluetooth connectivity. This wouldn't be a problem if ASUS would fix them with updates. It is a shame that ASUS has such a negative feedback from it's users, regarding Bluetooth connectivity. The issue is this:

I have a Garmin fenix 3 multisport watch. When I bought the phone, I had a lot of struggle to connect the watch to the phone, due to the six digits passkey that the watch is generating in order to connect with phones (all the other phones brands had no issue pairing with the watch). After ten's of tries, I managed to connect the watch to the phone and to Garmin Mobile app. This week, I purchased a Garmin fenix 5x Plus. I couldn't connect it to the phone. I got in touch with ASUS tech support and they told me "factory reset the phone and try again". It didn't work, of course! Now, in this moment, both watches are disconnected from the phone and there is no way to get them connected again. Garmin and everybody recommended me to use/buy another phone brand. I am willing to do so, next week. ASUS, you dissapointed me! Shame on you! No updates, no fixes, nothing! Now I have a brick that it's less smart than my watches (connected them to my old Samsung Galaxy S8, untill I'll get a new phone). What is the point of having excellent reviews for looks and specs (already overcome by other brands), if softwarewise, you are as low as a cheap chinese phone is? What is the point of the huge battery, what is the point of having cool design, if you don't fix your software? I remember CAT phones (the most durable phones with crap software). You only have looks and specs and that is my oppinion.

Comments