Any resolution on Camera blurr issues on Zenfone 5z

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS_Z01R
  2. Firmware Version: QKQ1.191008.001.WW_user_100.10.107.110_20201118release-keys
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera

It's absolutely not UID. I'm using the phone with atmost care no single scratch as well. It started happening all of sudden. Please help me getting this resolved. Asus promised the flagship service for all its Zenfone going forward from 5z and I'm facing this. I read many threads where its also been mentioned that it happen to many user. Please get it fixed and share the process.

Please reply guys. I'm struggling with this since last 2 months!

========================================

Comments

• Hi, we'd request you follow the below steps:

1. Check your phone for the latest software version.

2. Go to Camera settings & try changing focus mode

3. Clear cache & storage of Camera App after backing up & disable/re-enable camera App

4. Try the same under safe mode:

Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode

5. If still you face the issue factory reset your phone after taking a full backup:  https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/

6. Last option would be to visit the service centre to have

a check. Locate here: https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

• Tried all trouble shooting following the comments on other thread. I visited the customer care center. They checked the issue and bluntly said we need to change the camera. They have given me the quotation for around 6k. Please help man. This is too costly and that also not to do with any user indulge damage. Please help.

• Hello friend, Can you please help me the next course of action required?

• Guri27Guri27 Level 1

Instead of paying 6k, do a down payment of 2k and buy a new phone of any other good brand. Don't expect anything regarding update from asus. All the best.

• guys any updates please? Is the premier service that you planned and promised to offer during launch of your Zenfone 5 z??

• Aryan202Aryan202 Level 5

You should honestly follow up with an mod from what I know Christine Asus (mod) has helped some people here to get their cameras replaced for free of cost try explaining your situation to a mod or local Asus representative it might work out in your favour

Here's one thing you can try in the meantime

Try hitting gently around the camera part of the phone or try shaking phone a bit sometimes that helps the ois mechanism (which is stuck in your case hence the blur)

• Thanks my friend 🙏🏻 I'll try contacting Christine. And yYesyou mentioned it correctly. I'm not very sure but in meantime I saw it got fixed.

However to have permanent solution I need to ask for Christian.

@Christine

• Hi @Christine , Greetings for the day.

You have read the problem area I have mentioned above. Can you please help me in resolving the issue?

Glad atleast it worked temporarily hopefully it stays that way

And yes getting a permanent solution might be better :)

• It's not worked at the moment but what all I was saying is, similar workaround works well.

Ohk i see hopefully mods help you out then 👍

• edited March 16

Hi cycloneabhi 

Thank you for your asking. Have you ever performed Factory Reset?

Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036182/

If you did try Factory Reset yet the issue remains the same, please check your inbox and provide me your SN for further warranty checking.

• Hi @Christine_ASUS ,

Thank you Christine for responding.

Yes. I tried that as well. It started acting all of sudden. I tried factory reset, Reboot in Safe Mode, Enabling and Disabling of Camera App.

Nothing worked!

Just to add, I'm using my phone with atmost care, you can't even find a single scratch on it.

Please let me know, where do I provide the SN number?

This discussion has been closed.