Haven't received updates on my phone yet

lawal012000lawal012000 Level 1
edited April 1 in ZenFone Max Series

Hello

Please kindle assist me to upgrade my zenfone max m1 to lately version, I'm stuck in OS 7.

Thank you

Comments

• Hi lawal012000

Thank you for your asking. Kindly refer to the link below as ZenFone Max (M1) (ZB556KL) firmware download link

Can you provide me your current firmware version and your preferred firmware version? As I checked, ZB556KL provides Android 8, Android 9 Beta, and Android 10 Beta. If you want to upgrade to Android 9 Beta or Android 10 Beta, please backup your data before performing the steps.

#How to check my firmware version? Settings>System>About Phone>Software information

To update the system, you may try Auto Update or Manual Update.

1. Auto Update (Easier Way)

Settings>System>System update

*Tap the 3 dots on the top row of "System update">Auto-update settings, for related settings

2. Manual Update (Normally be used in cross-Android firmware update or rooted/unlocked device)

Download the firmware file into the root directory, aka the outermost place, of the internal storage>Reboot>Tap the "system update" notification

*To perform cross-Android firmware update, please backup the device data first.

#[Zenfone] How to update firmware on my phone?

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009748/

• It appears that ASUS don't update system software since july 5 2020. This in spite of that the phone is listed as one of those that should be updated to Android 10. I bought a phone less than a year ago and is very dissapointed. Currently there is a move in the European parliament calling for extended responsibility for manufacturers to support hardware for a longer term. A fact is that ASUS released beta versions of Android 10 for this device and suddenly stopped support. How come!

• DeannnnnDeannnnn Level 2
    edited March 2

Just checked the info for you. the model was released in 2018, and had supported for 2 years sharp

This discussion has been closed.