USB OTG Not Working Properly

KalpitKalpit Level 1
edited March 18 in ZenFone 5 Series

When I am trying to use a hard drive to transfer my data from my 5Z I am not getting the option to transfer data most of the times. Instead the screen shows that a USB device is being charged from the phone. After trying for multiple times the hard drive shows up as external storage (Even in this case the battery drains like hell). I am using Android 9 as of now. Please help in fixing this.

Comments

• sidarya31sidarya31 Level 2
    edited February 15

Yup i also experienced this in Android 10 too, phone misbehaves while on OTG n sometime phone get restart.

• Hi, this is an expected result. When using OTG, if not powered by an external USB port, it draws the energy from your phone, and USB sticks/hard drives are not usually designed to work with low power, and they do take a toll.

Also, I know it's not ideal, but the fewer files you have on the drive you're using the better. With more files, your device spends more time and energy scanning them.

• No its not an expected result, phones like Max pro m1 doesn't misbehave like 5z while on OTG for Pendrive.

This discussion has been closed.