Updated Intel Management Engine Firmware 184.108.40.20674 on 08-02-2020 in R542UQ-DM153
- System OS: Windows 10 v20H2 64Bit Build no 19042.789
- Laptop Name: Vivobook 15 R542UQ-DM153
- Integrated GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
- Dedicated GPU: Nvidia Geforce 940MX 2GB GDDR5
- Battery or AC: Both
- Model: X542UQ.309SA
- Intel ME Firmware Version: 220.127.116.1174
- SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD 2280
- Harddisk 1: Seagate Barracuda 2.5 Inch SATA 2TB 5400 RPM (LM015)
- Harddisk 2: Seagate Barracuda 2.5 Inch SATA 2TB 5400 RPM (LM015)
- Frequency of occurrence: Nil
- Reset OS: No
- Screenshot or video: Yes
I have ASUS Vivobook 15 R542UQ-DM153 with X542UQ.309SA bios with intel i5 7200u CPU Nvidia GeForce 940mx 2GB gddr5 VRAM
On 08-02-2020, I updated Intel Management Engine firmware Version 18.104.22.16874 on windows 10 Enterprise 64bit build no 19042.789 preview
Moreover, i enabled spectra vulnerability fix by registry keys. Those registry keys are available in support.microsoft.com.
I have taken a high risk for updating the latest firmware and drivers because of intel identified the vulnerabilities in the management engine.
I am not recommending users to update without consulting laptop or desktop or motherboard ASUS Support.
There are different types of firmware depends upon the intel processors generation.
This Intel Management Engine Firmware directly updates the intel processors and will be lifelong. Future updates only it releases. Downgrading firmware is not available.
Be careful before updating, I and below site users and admin are not responsible for damaged caused due to updating.
Incorrect firmware will damage the processors. Even it won't boot or the laptop won't power on .
This firmware is not available in the ASUS support website for r542uq. I took a risk and updated by own.
I downloaded Intel Management Engine Firmware from the below website
Name of the file :: CSME 11.8 Consumer LP C NPDM v22.214.171.12474
source taken from :: www.win-raid.com