Calls go to voicemail 5Q

tomgawrontomgawron Level 1
edited April 16 in ZenFone 5 Series

I have TMobile my calls go to voicemail. I have found that if I set to 3g it works fine. But this defeats the purpose of a faster 4G phone. I have been to T-Mobile and they tried resetting the APN but nothing works. I will never buy a Asus phone again. If anybody knows how to fix this please let me know [email protected]

Comments

• I can't be the only person having this problem in the U.S. ?

• Hi tomgawron

Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. Your current firmware version

Settings>System>About Phone>Software information

If you try to update to the latest version, does the situation still persist?

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ZenFone%205Q%20(ZC600KL)/HelpDesk_BIOS/

2. If you insert other carrier's sim card, does the situation remain the same?

3. Does the issue appear right after any system/apps' download or update? Can you use 4G before?

4. Can your device use 4G before?

5. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.

# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5AJ4kNGCFs

• Software is the latest, Some times it works fine but if phone is sitting unused for a while call go straight to voicemail.Nevrr never worked properly on 4g from day 1. I tried multi sim cards and t-mobile support. They say asus phone is not compatible with there system. I had been using on 3g but now 3g is disappearing.

• edited February 8

Hi tomgawron

Thank you for your reply. Kindly refer to the chart below as the tech specs of ZC600KL, please check with local carriers to see if they support the below channel bandwidths, and weather the channel bandwidths are used for 4G usage or not.

https://www.asus.com/us/Phone/ZenFone-5Q-ZC600KL/Tech-Specs/

If you have any question, please do not hesitate to let me know.

• Frequencies that can provide LTE:

• Band 2 (1900 MHz)
    • Band 5 (850 MHz)
    • Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz)
    • Band 66 (Extension of band 4 on 1700/2100 MHz).

T-mobile shows this on there site.

• Hi tomgawron

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for the belated reply due to Lunar New Year holidays. Please check with the carrier weather they support the channel bandwidths you listed above for 4G usage or not. Thank you.

• Frequencies that can provide LTE: Band 2 (1900 MHz) Band 5 (850 MHz) Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz) Band 66 (Extension of band 4 on 1700/2100 MHz). T-Mobile

• That is what T-Mobile has on their site everything works fine on two and three g so it must be these Asus phones do not work properly on 4G LTE. T-Mobile uses Frequencies that can provide LTE: Band 2 (1900 MHz) Band 5 (850 MHz

• have you ever tried to set the APN by this

amp/s/apn.gishan.net/en/apn/t-mobile/asus-zenfone-5-lite-zc600kl%3famp=1

also as my knowledge, support band 2 does not mean support 4g on band 2. You can check the info with carrier

• Thanks Dean for the link I programmed new apn in. will see what happens time will tell. Thanks again!!

• np, you can check on this info as well

• tomgawrontomgawron Level 1
    edited February 24

Thanks Dean, phone seems to be working still testing will update thanks again

• Running that new APN for a while now. still has problems maybe not as bad but sometimes calls go straight to voicemail. I think I'm done with Asus phones! bought my wife a pixel 5 for her Bday she loves it and it works great..maybe I'll buy myself one. Thanks for trying

• Hi tomgawron

Thank you for your reply. If the APN adjustment do improves the situation, please check with your local carrier for their official APN suggestion in you region. Please note that the issue is related to the compatibility between the signal support in your region and the model spec.

No matter which model are you going to purchase in the future, you may try the model with your carrier card at store in your region before buying a phone. Thank you.

• I have at the T-Mobile store they don't know nothing about Asus phones. I had the same problem with my old asus also. The phones were nice for the money but never worked right for t-mobile. The new asus phones are expensive better off buying a name brand that T-Mobile uses.

This discussion has been closed.