Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precision Touchpad / Trackpad inoperative after waking from hibernation

Fletchasus
Star III
System: UM425IA
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UM425IANH74
Frequency of occurrence: Several times a week (but not every time)
Reset OS: No. But all drivers and bios are up to date
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Frequently when waking from hibernation the touchpad does not function (no cursor and clicking/right clicking does nothing.
Additionally, in these situations, if I RESTART the notebook (using keyboard) the touchpad still does not work. Only if I shut down and then boot from the power button does the Zenbook touchpad begin to work again.
BIOS version 307 is installed.
Precision Touchpad Driver version 12.0.0.33
Asus Number Pad Driver version: 12.1.0.33
Asus System Control Interface V2 version: 2.2.35
All other Asus related components also most current versions.
Windows 10 up to date.
I have removed and reinstalled both drivers as well. Power Management settings both have "Allow this device to wake computer" checked. There are no errors/exclamation points in the device manager for any device. This issue has been present for the last few months but getting frustrated and decided to raise it to the forum for input.
Note that I use hibernation instead of sleep because the sleep function has not worked since I purchased this Zenbook in August. See this thread. Issue reported there still unresolved:
Fletchasus
  1. System: UM425IA firmware 304, 305, 306
  2. Battery or AC: Either
  3. Model: UM425IA-NH74
  4. Frequency of occurrence: When waking from sleep
  5. Reset OS: All Windows, ASUS, and AMD drivers up to date for Windows 10
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

After putting laptop to sleep using power button, closing lid, or after powWindows er setting timeout, it sometimes will not wake normally. This seems to happen most when the sleep time is more than a few minutes.

Behavior when trying to wake up the laptop is as follows and it does not matter how the laptop was put into sleep ( closing lid, power button, or timeout) or how the attempt to wake was made (opening lid, power button, keyboard, or trackpad):

1. Screen will be blue background with mouse cursor showing. Trackpad will not move mouse cursor.
  2. Screen will be black with Windows "Hello" eye only on the screen. Sometimes a message will appear saying to dismiss lock screen, but neither keyboard nor track pad will work.
  3. Screen will be black and nothing happens. Power switch light is slowly pulsing.

When any of these three behaviors happen, the laptop will either:

1. Do nothing until a hard power off is performed and the computer is restarted OR
  2. Will eventually reboot on it's own (this a full reboot, not a wake up). Upon reboot, the track pad is sometimes not responsive OR
  3. Will go to a blue screen with a Windows "Something Happened" message and the laptop will reboot then. This is different from number 2 above in that it has the Windows message.

After oogling and experimenting, it seems like this issue is related to one of the ASUS/AMD services that run at startup. When I disable these (see ng up from sleep works normally. Leaving these services disabled, though, is not an option as without them things like the backlit keyboard and f,utrackpad, nction keys don't work properly.

@Blake_ASUS : Can you check on this?

@vanbako : Have you seen this behavior on your UM425IA?

Zenbook UM425IA waking from Sleep issue

0 REPLIES 0