This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With bypass charging is it better to leave charger plugged in?

J4s0nDRevs
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.32
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: N/A
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi will like to ask. With bypass charging feature does it make sense that leaving the charger plugged the whole time be better for the battery? I am unsure of this and when it reaches the set charging limit, I am curious whether I should unplug the charger.
Unplug charger will means I am consuming battery power. But if bypass charging is working, I should leave charger plugged so it won't consume battery power? Which will result in longer battery life?
Please enlighten me.
3 REPLIES 3

Craven
Rising Star II
It won't make any difference. Bypass charging will only work on apps in the armoury crate so once you exit, charging will resume. Unless you plan on running that app for hours without interruption, then you should use bypass for that.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
sgdcf

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.32
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: N/A
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi will like to ask. With bypass charging feature does it make sense that leaving the charger plugged the whole time be better for the battery? I am unsure of this and when it reaches the set charging limit, I am curious whether I should unplug the charger.

Unplug charger will means I am consuming battery power. But if bypass charging is working, I should leave charger plugged so it won't consume battery power? Which will result in longer battery life?

Please enlighten me.

With bypass charging is it better to leave charger plugged in?
When the limit is reached,it will charge all the time if you don't use armoury crate apps,which is not good
Using bypass charging all the time is the best solution so make sure all of your apps are in the armoury crate...kinda

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@J4s0nDRevs Bypass charging is intended to be used while gaming and will only affect applications that you have added in Armoury Crate. Outside of gaming, you have other options such as charging limit, slow charging and scheduled charging that will help you protect your battery. Keep the charger connected while using the app (and bypass charging is in effect) and when you need to charge your device.