Why can’t I backup my apps and data using ASUS Backup in Android Marshmallow?
Android Marshmallow only supports the restore function of ASUS Backup. To use the backup function, launch Settings > Backup & reset instead.
You can also use ASUS Backup to restore the backup file you created from Android Lollipop. Please refer to the following steps to do this.
Note: Steps 1 to 3 are optional if you’re using the same mobile device previously running on Android Lollipop.
- Use File Manager to copy the backup folder, usually stored at sdcard \ ASUS \ ASUSBackup.
- Download ASUS Backup from Google Play if you don’t have it yet on Android Marshmallow.
- Paste the backup folder sdcard \ ASUS \ ASUSBackup to the same file path on Android Marshmallow.
- Open ASUS Backup then tap Restore.
- Select the file you want to restore then tap Start restore.