ASUS Unlocker tool failure

ZT-aeb77853
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Transformer TF-700T
Firmware Version: 10.6.1.14.10-20130801
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): TF700-UnLock_Device_App_V7.apk
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I am trying to update the ROM and need to unlock the device in order to accomplish it. I keep getting the "An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue. please wait and try again later." message and cannot get the device to unlock. Here is what has been done so far.
-factory data reset
-allowed unknown sources for apps
-activated developer tools and allowed USB debugging
-ensured that there were no account registrations with the device
-ensured a strong wifi connection and internet connection
-reboot the device again
-register the device with Asus
I wish to use this device for controlling some of my home automation devices as well as use some apps that need something running a later version of Android. My thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Michael

2 REPLIES 2

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Michael
Kindly refer to the link below as the reply. Thank you.
arnaud.leleve

Hello,

I found an old Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700T, with Androis 4.2.1) in a drawer in my office. I wanted to root it to put an OS less slow than the current one but I cannot manage to unlock it.

The unlock device tool app v8 starts but it seems that it cannot reach an ASUS server dedicated to this purpose and then stops. Other applications work well, the WiFi connexion is ok, the admin google account is ok.

Is it too late (ASUS web unlock service would not be available by now) ?

Is there another way to unlock it ?

All the best

Arnaud

Unlocking Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T

Hi Christine_ASUS,
I have some issue with ASUS Zenfone 3 Laser ZC551KL.
I understand when ASUS no longer have any system updates, but I don't understand why bootloader unlocking is prohibited!
This is bad way for ASUS and your clients.
I paid for this device, it still works and I want to update it myself. ASUS doesn't allow it. But this is my device! What for?
What is the reason ASUS blocked bootloader unlock?
Please, share how your customers can unlock the bootloader on a device that ASUS doesn't service, or share an offline unlocking tool. Many buyers will say “Thank you!” to ASUS.
If this is not official information, send me an email.
Best regards,
Still a customer loyal to ASUS, but for how long?