Battery or AC: both
Model: UX534FTC
Frequency of occurrence: Constantly, but lately
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi!
I have been having problems lately with fans on my laptop constantly ramping up, even in idle.
I did some digging and if I look in task manager there is a process called "system" that usually uses less than 0.5% of CPU capabilities, and mine takes 15%-20%. Process "system" includes a lot of different processes in computer, so I used "windows performance recorder" to record everything my computer does and checked what processes are calling my CPU. I found out that a process or how should I call it called "nvlddmkm.sys" uses most of my CPU usage and is causing the problem. If I google it, it comes out as a process connected with GPU if I am not mistaken. My ASUS zenbook has a dedicated GPU NVIDIA GTX 1650 Max-Q, so I thought there was a problem with it, but actually no. Only when I disabled my INTEGRATED! GPU in device manager the constant ramping of my fans stopped. I tried installing a lot of different drivers (Both intel and asus) for integrated GPU both none of them helped.
Please fix the problem because not only the constant rampage of fans is annoying, there is also a power issue since it uses so much power my less than one year old laptop can not go 2 hours without being charged.
image.png
image.png

0 REPLIES 0