This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV. Official support for Windows 10 20H2.

bohushvitali
Star I
System: UX581GV_19H2
Battery or AC: Both
Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: frequent freezes
Reset OS: Yes. Roughly two time a month. No correlation with installed software found.
Screenshot or video: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLChcXj5lTvV_R7jAvodFAXEkYl9LvQNG8
========================
Detailed description:
Currently when accepting Feature update version 20H2 in windows update center it is not fully installed and rolls back to 19H2
Please provide estimated dates when this model will be shipped to customers with newest tested windows version.
The main reason for asking is frequent freezes on 19H2
I would like to sent it to RMA for the second time to get full reset with newest windows flashed as recovery image. When sending the first time (six month ago) RMA wasn't able to found any issues however freezes still occurring randomly on a system without any third party software installed.

Thanks in advance.
screenshot-2020-12-27-201812.png
screenshot-2021-01-11-123224.png

67 REPLIES 67

bohushvitali
Star I
This is how it happens when it freezing with horizontal lines on sceenpad. youtu.be/AoafxMsG7Zc
Sometime it just freezes. Cursor is not moving. Hard reboot required. Happens completely randomly.
I posted more detailed description earlier zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/35795/asus-zenbook-pro-duo-ux581-freezes.
Is there any information for issue tracking system for this models that can explain this case? Is it driver issue or leaking capacitor?
screenshot-2021-01-11-132323.png

Liviu
Rising Star II
You want to know the funny thing? I have the same model and it updated to the 20h2 months ago, few weeks after the release. Then, they said that the laptop isn't fully supported by the update and we should not get it, but we did.
The laptop is usable, but you then get the  ASUSTek Computer Inc. System driver that basically kills some its futures. I don't understand why Asus doesn't release the default OS via laptop serials or some way of identification, or release it in trial mode because Windows is licensed using the laptop fingerprint.

Liviu
Rising Star II
Here is the version:
capture-png.png

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Liviu

Here is the version:

capture-png.png

View post
reading your post, i conformed, your laptop having high end processor with high configuration.
but i suspect some unknown applications are running background without your knowledge and some applications are running at specified time , registered under task scheduler.